PATRIOT ACRES

Adventures in decorating a century farmhouse, and living with dogs






Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Beautiful Home - Secret Garden Cottage

I've said it before, and now again I'm amazed at the creative women out there and how you all have been so creative (and frugal) with decorating your homes.

I love Janice at Canadian Cottage, she's so creative and such a beautiful home.  I follow her blog daily to see what she's been up to!  In her most recent post she's introduced a new blogger, Jojeana of Secret Garden Cottage, I am so inspired by her kitchen remodel - fantastic!  Go check both blogs out!

Kitchen - Secret Garden Cottage

I love the island, what a great find!  I have to say I'll be shamelessly copying her mudroom for our new farm house!



Mudroom - Secret Garden Cottage

I love love love bead board!!  You guys are filling my picture file with so many inspiring photos, I'm itching to get started soonest!

The countdown begins - 40 days till we start our move across country to the new farmhouse and new location of Patriot Acres!  I've only seen photos of the house without snow, can't wait to see it in summer in person!  Love that red roof and shutters ;)



Things are getting busy, I'm heading out to Victoria, British Columbia on Wed with our trusty big green machine (Ford F150 supercrew) to pickup my son's stuff (he's training with the army right now) and to visit friends before we move further away.

Soldier boy is staying home to look after the dogs, what a great hubby.  Though I'm not sure I can be trusted alone with what will be not a fully loaded truck.  You know I'll be checking out the antique shops and thrift stores, MUST FILL TRUCK to make the trip worthwhile!!!  I'll keep you posted if I find anything great! 

1 comment:

  1. Your move sounds very exciting. I love that kitchen island too. I look forward to seeing your new house decorating progress. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete