PATRIOT ACRES

Adventures in decorating a century farmhouse, and living with dogs






Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

Doggy Decor

So, as you can see by the side bar we have dogs.  What you can't really tell is exactly how big they are!!
Mine!  I got it!  Mine!

Ha!  Got it!!

Throw it again!  please please please

Payton, our boy with the ball obsession is currently 135lbs and stands 30 inches at the shoulder at two years old.  His son Polar, is currently 125lbs and stands about 31 inches and the momma Piper is 87lbs and 29 inches at three years old.  So if my math is correct that is 347lbs of dog muscle in our current 1650 sq ft home.  Once a year when we have pups, add eight puppies and at eight weeks old they are approx 20lbs each of squirmy, cuddly, active energy!!!

So as much as I love the trend of light bright white decor....well it just ain't happening around here!  Everything I plan for the house must have dogs in mind.  Every upolstered piece has a slip cover (definately not white) I've found that microsuede almost repels dog hair.  I'm in love with all those beautiful coffee tables displaying unique pretty items - yeah right not here - one swipe of a dog tail and it's gone.  We have laminate floors (light coloured pine which I've always hated - but the house is sold so I'm not changing anything!) and we use area rugs.  Not the lovely natural fiber rugs I would like, no we have indoor/outdoor rugs so when required I can just take outside and hose off!!  I'm just so happy that there are so many options now with these rugs.

I do have a nice wicker laundry basket near the doors that holds dog towels, how lovely right?  No curtains puddling on the floor here, my vacum, Swiffer and mop are constant companion.  But we love these guys and they are part of the family, I'm willing to sacrifice some of my decor plans for big wet puppy love!  But maybe I can slip a white pillow in somewhere.....

No comments:

Post a Comment